Empedrado – Maule Valley
Carignan, Garnacha, Mataró
In a Nutshell
– Over the last 10 harvests in Sauzal the wine has changed its varietal composition.
– First it was all cariñena, then we added Garnacha & Monsatrell and then the Garnacha from a second section until in 2018 there is equal parts Garnacha and Cariñena.
– With 2018 Sauzal V. has had more stems added (15 20%)
– Grower / partner Nivaldo Morales (and his wife Otelia!)
– Ancestral farming cultivating vineyard by hand and horse “originario”
Tantalizing aromas of blueberries, violets, orange peel, raspberry leaf and aniseed with a touch of aromatic herbs that provide freshness. The palate is electric, with pulsing acidity, Garage Wine Co – Old Vines Revived ultra-fine tannins and very good length. Both rustic and elegant, wild and subtle. It has precision, elegance, balance and life. Shows no alcohol nor wood. A fresh, Mediterranean blend from a vineyard that was forgotten, revived, regenertaed and today shows what the Maule is capable of
- VarietalCarignan, Garnacha, Mataró
- VintageSince 2013
- D.O.Empedrado - Maule Valley
- Bottles filled3 500 approx.
- CATEGORY Parcels